It's fashion for a great cause! Jenni Hogan, KIRO TV's morning traffic anchor, and our own MOViN 92.5's Brooke Fox are joining forces for National Wear Red Day, Friday February 4th! Go Red for Women is raising awareness for the #1 killer of women, heart disease.
Your vote counted!!!! Fashion Friday for a Cause generated a $1,000 for the American Heart Association of Puget Sound! Of course this couldn't have been possible without the generous donation from The Bellevue Collection who pledged $1 per vote for the first 1,000 votes!And.... Here are the winning dresses!
Watch KIRO TV today starting at 4:30am to see the red dress you picked on TV! Brooke will be wearing hers in studio and again this coming Wednesday for Working Women Wednesday! Jenni is going to wear hers Friday morning on KIRO 7's morning news. NOW, you need to pick out YOUR 'GO RED' outfit! Today is National Go Red for Women day and we are all in this fight together. Let's raise awareness about the #1 killer of women! WEAR RED tomorrow! Check out Macy's for all the red inspiration you need. PLUS, if you wear RED to Macy's now through Friday you will receive 20% off! CHECK IT OUT
The American Heart Association is asking YOU, both men and women, to wear read on Friday, February 4th. Why should YOU Go Red?
- Heart disease is still the No. 1 killer of women. This means mothers, sisters and friends are dying at the rate of one per minute because they don't know that heart disease kills.
- More women die of heart disease than the next five causes of death combined, including all forms of cancer.
- 1 in 3 American women die of heart disease, compared to 1 in 30 women that die of breast cancer.
- 90% of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- 80% of cardiac events in women may be prevented if they make the right choices for their hearts, involving diet, exercise and abstinence from smoking.