What are the 2 most important meals of the day? Why is protein so important? All questions that Angie, Brooke's trainer, answered this morning!
You can transform with Angie too- virtually! Sign up to be a virtual client and Angie will design a program unique to your needs, limitations, schedule, and goals. Visit www.glotraining.com
to get started.
CLICK thru to see exactly what Angie wants Brooke eating daily.
It's week 2 of Brooke's new year's resolution to get fit. The hardest part so far is the diet. Here is a sample menu of what fitness princess, Angie, wants Brooke to be eating in a day. Remember, this diet is designed specifically for Brooke and will not be right for everyone.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (sweeten with cinnamon and stevia and prepare with water)
- 1 cup egg whites (or 6 egg whites if want to separate individually)
- *Stevia is a strong, all natural sweetener that is calorie free and won't spike your insulin levels. You can find it at any Whole Foods/Trader Joe's/Metropolitan Market/PCC. I prefer the Truvia brand.
- *I buy pure egg whites to make life simple. They are the lowest-priced at Trader Joe's!
- Advocare Meal Replacement Shake
- *This is a perfect, balanced breakfast if you need something on the run.
- 2 scoops Advocare Muscle Gain (bring in a shaker cup to work and mix with ice
- water) OR 1 cup nonfat, plain greek yogurt (sweeten with stevia).
- 1 brown rice cake topped with 1 tbsp. all natural peanut butter
- *Measure the peanut butter!!
- chicken salad
- 2 cups raw spinach or mixed greens
- 4 oz. chicken breast
- any vegetables: tomatoes, peppers, onion
- top with 1 tsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- *Prepare your chicken breast at the beginning of the week and put in individual tupperware.
- *Season with any spices, pepper, garlic, vinegars, soy sauce, or mustard to make life interesting.
Pre-workout (1 hour before)
- 1 medium apple
- 10 raw almonds
post-workout (as soon as possible after workout)
- 2 cups green beans OR spinach OR broccoli OR asparagus
- 4 oz. salmon OR lean ground turkey breast OR chicken breast